It’s good practice to have a business attorney for your company. But before you hire attorneys in Vidalia, GA to help you, you’ll need to do a few things first. For starters, you’ll need to learn about business lawyers and their different areas of practice so you can hire an attorney that’s best suited for your needs. Here’s an overview from the Law Office of Tipton-Downie:
- Lawyers for taxes and licenses – Many business owners mistakenly rely solely on an accountant for business tax and licensing matters. However, it is wise to hire a tax/license attorney to help your accountant ensure that all issues are handled correctly under the law.
- Contract lawyers – A contract business attorney can review any proposed contract between your business and its employees, clients, and other entities. They will also help you plan and write these contracts.
- Real estate lawyers – Lease agreements for commercial business properties are often complex. Real estate lawyers will help negotiate lease agreements and other matters.
- Intellectual property lawyers – For businesses that design or produce products or services, an intellectual property lawyer will be quite valuable. These lawyers can register product and service offerings for trademark and copyright safeguards.
- Business organization lawyers – A business organization lawyer will help you establish your business from the ground up. For example, they’ll help you determine how you should structure your business.